- Candidates are encouraged to submit their test accommodations request as soon as possible to ensure there is time to process the request, and to allow for sufficient time for candidates to provide JDN with additional information if there is anything missing from or unclear about their request. The deadline for submitting all requests for accommodations and supporting documentation is November 15, 2023. No requests or supporting documentation will be processed after this deadline, without exception.
2. Read the Accommodations Guidelines, and be sure to share these with anyone who is preparing supporting documentation on your behalf.
3. DECIDE whether you will apply for accommodations using the Short Process or the Standard Process. A description of these two processes is in the Accommodations Guidelines.
- To apply for accommodations using the Short Process, complete the secure, online Short Process Form.
- To apply for accommodations using the Standard Process, complete the secure, online Standard Process Form.
4. Complete the online Request Form. At the bottom of the Form, you will have an opportunity to upload supporting documentation. You will receive an email confirmation of receipt.
5. Wait for your request to be reviewed. Typically, you will receive a decision letter within 10 business days, unless your request is unusually complex (in which case we will keep you posted about the status of your request). Accommodations requests are reviewed in the order in which they are received. To be fair to all candidates, JDN does not “expedite” requests.
6. Please note that many accommodations requests are reviewed by an independent, external expert.
7. JDN is unable to process incomplete requests. If your request is incomplete, meaning that it does not provide us with enough information to be able to make a decision, we will notify you of the information that is missing. Keep in mind that the deadline for submitting all requests for accommodations and supporting documentation for the December 2023 exam is November 15, 2023.
8. After we have made and given you a decision, if you are not satisfied, you may appeal. Include a specific reason for the appeal and additional supporting evidence beyond what was included with your original request. Information about the appeals policy is found here. Candidates are permitted ONE appeal per exam cycle. Keep in mind that the deadline for submitting all requests (including appeals) and supporting documentation is November 15, 2023.