The simulation is to ensure that prior to the official exam, you have downloaded and installed necessary LockDown Browser software, completed the identification validation process, answered the demographic questionnaire and familiarized yourself with the testing platform.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a client application that is installed to a local computer.
The testing platform, LifeJourney by Territorium, is where you will create an
account for the simulation and official exam.
- Go to LifeJourney
- Enter User and Password and select Log In.
NOTE: The JD-Next team will email your User, Password, &
Test Code for the simulation. Be sure to check spam/junk folders.
Suggestion: Update your Password prior to testing. Select Forgot Password
- On your LifeJourney homepage, you’ll see the option to Add test code.
- Select Add test code and enter the test code provided in the Aspen Publishing email. After successfully entering the test code, select Take me to the test
- If the test start date and time is in the future, the bottom of the screen will show Test not available yet, return home this will return you to your home page. The test tile will have the status Test window hasn’t opened and include the date and time the window will open. The test tile status will change to Start when the window is open.
- The first time you log in to the platform, the browser will ask you to allow the webcam use, click the button “Allow” to continue the process.
- You will also be prompted to share your location. This is required for testing, select Allow. If you need additional information on enabling your geolocation, select Instructions for enabling location access.
- The next screen is an overview of the simulation, photo & identification validation process, and Respondus LockDown Browser requirements.
- The Respondus section includes information on supported devices. The device used for the simulation and the exam should be the same.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Start Photo Process
Photo and identification validation is a 3-step process.
1. Step 1 Photo Capture
- Be sure to read and follow the instructions for capturing a quality image. Make sure you have a working webcam.
- Select Next to begin the process and activate your webcam.
- Utilizing your webcam, select Take Photo. Make sure the picture is clear. You can take a new picture by selecting Take new picture. When satisfied with the picture, click Continue with the process. Suggestion: Take the picture in the same location where you will take the exam to aid facial recognition during the exam.
2. Step 2 Capture ID Photo. Select Next to start the ID capture process.
- While continuing to use your webcam, hold your ID up to the camera ensuring it fits in the yellow frame and is a clear image. You may also upload an image of your ID.
3. Step 3 is to submit the photo and ID for validation. At this point review both images and determine if they meet the requirements. Either select Take new picture for a new photo of your ID or select Continue with the process for your identification validation processing.
- If for some reason there was an error in the validation process, you will receive a pop-up message. Select Restart Capture to begin the photo process again.
- Two failed authorization attempts will result in the option to Request manual verification. You can select this option or try the automated process again.
- Individuals who requested a manual verification will have a Pending photo approval status at the bottom of the screen. Proctors will review all Request manual verification requests; you will be notified via email if approved or rejected. Approved individuals will be able to move on to the LockDown Browser step, those with Rejected photo/IDs will have the opportunity to start the process over.
- Your screen will show a Success Validation pop-up when your photo and identification validation process has completed successfully.
After successfully completing the photo capture and ID validation, select Finish to move to downloading and installing the LockDown Browser.
LockDown Browser is a client application that is installed to a local computer.
- Select either the Download
for Windows or Download for Mac based on your testing device.
- Supported versions:
- Windows 11 & 10 (“S mode”
and “SE” are not compatible)
- MacOS 10.13 TO 13.0, (Sonoma not supported)