You may appeal an accommodations decision if any of your requested accommodations were not approved. The appeal process is not valid for candidates who received an “Incomplete” letter.
Appeal requests must include:
- A specific reason for appeal
- Additional supporting evidence beyond what was included with the original request
Please note the following:
- The deadline for submitting all requests for accommodations and supporting documentation is November 15, 2023. No requests or documentation will be processed after this deadline, without exception.
- Additional supporting evidence should address the concerns or limitations discussed in the initial decision letter you received.
- Lengthy rebuttal letters that do not include any new evidence will not be helpful.
- Additional medical records that reiterate your diagnosis will not be helpful.
- Professionalism. Communications should be courteous and professional. Any candidate (or an advocate of a candidate) who engages in verbal abuse, uses profanity or threatening language, is rude or demeaning, or is otherwise unprofessional, may forfeit their right to participate in any JDN service or program, regardless of disability status.